[Gpdd] HEALTH: Re: HEALTH: Callie's update

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sun Feb 15 16:28:39 EST 2015

Hi Sandy,

It's OK.  I know you did your best.  Don't even get me started on the
govrnment.... this is a family friendly list!  LOL

I am a bit concerned about something I am noticing with Callie.  Ever since
the vet filed down her incisors, she is making a strange scratchety sound
when she grinds her teeth.  She is still eating and taking very small bites
and chewing slowly. The vet has been in her mouth twice now and surely she
would know if something was wrong?  Her weight is still fluctuating but not
getting above 32.1 oz.  I have her in her own pen in the living room with me
so I can monitor her poops and her eating.  I put a bowl down with her favs
in it and I noticed she wasn't eating it on her own. But, if I pick her up
and hand feed herm she shows some interest in the food.  I can't figure it
out.

Ann gave me the name of a vet who is a good way from here but she thinks he
may be able to refer me to a vet in my area.  I am going to have to call him
on Monday and if not open, try him on Tuesday.  I have got to get her to a
good vet who is willingn to listen to me and look at other options besides
what has been drilled into their head in school.

Still keeping my fingers crossed here....

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie & Eve with Sammy, Tabby & Penny the guide dog at the bridge and
in our hearts and menories.