[Gpdd] [HEALTH] bumblefoot

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Tue May 12 11:19:17 EDT 2015

Personally here at Piggyville I have never had any luck using systemic
antibiotics to treat bumblefoot. But if you are going to use Baytril I
would use 10 mg/kg twice a day for 14 days as well as a probiotic but
would also follow the method below.

If you have more than one foot that has is effected it may be a heart or
kidney problem.

What I use is I wash the foot twice a day with CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE
solution 4.0% also known as Hibiclens and can be bought at your local
pharmacy. Then apply F&M Ointment and keep piggy on the vet bedding that
has the green backing that allows the urine to pass thru to towels
underneath. Cleanliness and patients is essential.

Gorgeous Guineas F&M Ointment. Massage in well.
http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/ointments.html

Read about Polly's bumblefoot
http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/documents/Bumblefoot.pdf

Ebay Professional Veterinary Whelping Dog Puppy Vet Bedding - GREY or
any colour
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Veterinary-Whelping-Dog-Puppy-Vet-Bedding-GREY-/121582119381?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c4edbe9d5

Cheers, Ann and the Piggys of Piggyville Tampa, Florida
--

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.--