[Gpdd] HEALTH, CARING FOR TEXEL

Julie Johnson juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Sat Dec 17 18:08:30 EST 2016

Hello all,

Finally a posting from the absent & quiet me!    Nothing  depressing.   One
of my new piggies, Teddy Bear, more Texel (extremely curly hair) than
whatever other breeds are in him, has really thick coat.      I've trimmed
the coat to give him comfort because I imagine the weight would be a bother,
and also because of our terrible heat & humidity (sometimes up to 100%!).

I'm uncertain how far to go with the trimming.   Do Texel's have coats which
protect from the heat, or make them hot and protect them from cold weather?
I don't want to overdo it.    He doesn't seem to have an 'under coat'
because when I brush no fluffy hair comes out.

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all piggies & their masters, and may 2017 be healthy &
happy to you all,

Julie from downunder