[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Godiva

scalabro3 scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 6 20:52:26 EDT 2016

Tomorrow would have been the fourth anniversary of our adoption of our sweet Godiva.  Unfortunately, she will spend our adoption anniversary at the Rainbow Bridge.
She developed a nearly one pound tumor in her uterus. Our vet removed it with the help of another vet in her office. It was a long surgery. She made it home, but didn't make it through the night.

Godiva was a big, beautiful pig. She weighed three pounds years before the tumor. She lived next door to Ghirardelli for many years. They couldn't live together because Godiva liked to redecorate and Ghirardelli was blind,  so it was too frustrating for her when she kept walking into the side of bowls and pigloos. They still enjoyed lap time together and chatted from their pens.

After we lost Ghirardelli, Godiva moved into the boys' room and became queen of the pigs. The boys loved her, and she helped Cocoa Puff maintain his weight by sharing meals with him during his battle with pancreatic cancer.

Even though she was a big girl, she was very athletic. She would come running for treats every day, and she would jump over her food bowl every morning when it was carrot time. I have no idea how a three pound pig with a one pound tumor could do that. It was one of those bowls that looks like a cabbage. I wish that we had made a video. She was a remarkable girl.

She managed to hide her illness very well. She seemed fine except for her swollen belly. She was bright, alert, and eating and drinking a lot right until her surgery. We hoped that she could survive this, but unfortunately, she went on to join her friends on the other side of the bridge.

Before we met her, she was abandoned outside a rescue on a cold winter day with a boar and their four babies. (Yes, we do have one or two freezing days a year down here.) The babies were adopted out as soon as they were old enough, and then the boar was also adopted. She stayed at the rescue for a while because she looked like she was still expecting. A month after they were sure that she wasn't expecting more piglets, they listed her for adoption, and we found her.  We loved her so much; it's so sad that she couldn't stay with us any longer.

We still have Cotton and Powder to help us through yet another loss. They're still youngsters,  so we hope that we can take a break from illnesses and losses for a while. We hope that you all have a happy day with your piggies and loved ones.

ME in New Smyrna Beach with Cotton and Powder in our home and with Godiva and the rest of our lost herd on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport