[Gpdd] (Rainbow bridge) bladderstones are nasty :'(

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:14:13 EDT 2016

We had to put our lovely golden agouti US teddy Roos down last Thursday.
She had a rather huge stone stuck in her urethra… we could have gone for
surgery but our vet was not very happy to do surgery and said the prognosis
wasn’t good… so we decided to rid her of the pain. Hard decision,
especially as she seemed so alert, but she is not in pain anymore.
What I will miss most about her is that she would stay put in the cage for
you to pet her. then if you stopped the petting she would look up as if to
say ’ Hey, don’t stop!’

She did seem to get worse while we were waiting for the vet to get the
sleeping meds ready. My Lily didn't want to go to sleep when we had to put
her down with a huge growth in and around her bowels. Roos was sleeping
within a few minutes.
We had her exactly 4 years, she was a gift to my boyfriend Erwin who had
his birthday last Friday.

If you want to see the xray of the stone,  have a look here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDYA5SdxJYq/
The dark bubble is a lot of air. They seem to ingest air when they are in
pain (i was told, Daisy also had this when she had a bladderstone).

We ordered a water filter jug, so we can filter their water from now on
hopefully helping them to not develop stones. We will also have Peaches x
rayed in a while as she has a wet bum more often to make sure she has no
stone (and if she does we hope to catch it early).

We now have boar Bérke, Peaches and Tijger. I'm curious who will be the new
boss...

Grtz
Mieke