[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Apollo's stroke

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Tue Sep 6 08:22:26 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Cindy asked about Apollo's stroke so I'd thought to fill everyone in!

I first knew something was wrong went I gave the piggies their breakfast
and Apollo didn't move. I gave him a pat on the behind and he fell over. He
then started dragging his hind legs around. The use of hind legs came back,
but because he having so many balance issues (he kept falling over), he was
given medicine for an ear infection.

He was on the antibiotics for a month, but they didn't clear up his balance
issues. During the third week, he went back into the vet. The vet said he
looked perfectly fine with the exception of his balance issues. He was
bright-eyed and was eating, both very good signs.

He does a head bobbing thing now when he wants a treat which he didn't do
before. He is also a little wobbly when walking around. But he still does
slow laps around the piggy arena when he's hungry and looking for
breakfast. Dante Wigglebottom has been a good friend and will popcorn when
Apollo is trying to chase him around. So Apollo's acting a little
differently but still a happy piggy!

Jocelyn, Apollo, Dmitri, and Dante Wigglebottom