[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Pair of pigs behavior

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Wed Dec 27 12:50:42 EST 2017

Hi Michelle, Caramel and Zipper,

I would suggest introducing them as if they have never met previously.
This is the procedure that I use. Put an old sheet on the floor of the
bathroom and place a plate of treats in the middle of the room. Have a
set of oven mittens and a towel ready then put each piggy into the
bathroom. Usually they will first be interested in eating all the
treats. Then they will start checking out each other and the room. If
Carmel starts making aggressive moves towards Zipper, pick her up and
re-assure her. If you think she may try to bite you, pick her up wearing
the mittens. Put her down after she is calm. If she actually pulls
Zipper's hair out, throw the towel over her. The towel prevents her from
biting him again. Pick up Zipper and check to see if he has any flesh
wounds. If so clean them and give him a treat. Put them back into there
separate pens and let them calm down for a day or two then try
introducing them again. Usually after a little chasing and sniffing they
will end up laying down near each other. Thoroughly clean their pen and
put them in their "new" home. Hopefully they will live happily ever after.

Best of Luck!!!
Cheers, Ann of Piggyville