[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: welcome home, Butch and Sundance

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 22 16:33:31 EDT 2017

Dear Cindy, Eddie and Nugget,
Thanks for the welcome to Butch and Sundance, and also for the kind condolences for the loss of Primrose.  She was a very special pig and I still miss seeing her little buttercup face in the morning.
It does my heart good to see Butch and Sundance having such a great time and exploring their new habitat, both inside their cage and outside in the piggy room at large.  I'm still a bit nervous about their somewhat fractious relationship; there is a fair bit of rumble-strutting and tooth-rattling, though I now realize that is almost always confined to when Edvard Munch gets his "out" time and spends most of it circling their cage while hurling threats and insults at them.  They have quite a cordial relationship with Guinness who is a calm, good-natured older boar, and they never have any disagreements over the sows, Faith and Bonnie, whether they are visiting or being visited.  They never argue over food and spend most of their time sleeping together or munching hay side by side.  I must admit, up until now my boars have always lived in single cages, often right next door to another boar but never sharing a cage, so this has been quite a learning experience for me.  I would certainly welcome advice from other GPDD folk who have pairs of boars, especially in situations like mine, with other boars nearby to complicate matters!  I was rather expecting if there was any trouble, it would be arguments over the attention of the sows, not another boar.
Pat and the Prairie Pigs