[Gpdd] health : Spikey has erratic eye movement

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Tue Oct 17 15:45:46 EDT 2017

Hi Corrie and Spikey,

I'm seconding Cindy's thought that it could an ear infection.
Unfortunately, you can't see into the guinea pig's car to see if it's
really infected like you can with a dog or a cat. I had a piggy with a head
tilt due to an ear infection. Medication (I'm afraid I don't remember which
one) cleared it up.

My Apollo had a tooth issue that was causing his eye to look really bad -
it was bugging out and looked unhealthy. So eye problems can really be
tooth issues, but I don't know that in case that's it. The head tilt makes
me think more ear infection.

Apollo is my stroke piggy, and he lost use of his hind legs for a short
bit. He can use all of his feet now, but he's slower and weeble woobles
around.  He will do head banging when he wants food or a treat. He had a
head tilt for a few weeks after the stroke.

I'm afraid that might not be of very much help. I'm sending healing vibes
to the little fuzzy!

Jocelyn, Apollo, Dmitri, and Dante Wigglebottom