[Gpdd] MISC.: guinea pig expressions

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 23 14:21:04 EDT 2020

Saturday afternoon, I noticed Nugget jumping around in his cage. I thought he and Scottie were playing but then saw that he seemed to have a long piece of hay stuck in his mouth. When I gently pulled it, it didn't move.

I called to my husband and said I would pick up Nugget, and he could try to work the hay from Nugget's teeth.

As soon as I said that, something remarkable happened. Nugget looked relieved!

He hunched up to help me pick him up, and when I held him close, luckily the hay already had worked loose.

Then I was relieved.

His expression amazed me. He seemed to know exactly what I said and that help was on the way.

We'd love to hear other experiences with guinea pig expressions.

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie