[Gpdd] Health: no diabetes for Linn

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 10:30:37 EST 2021

Thank you Cindy, Nugget and Scottie, for your reply about Linn and having
diabetes.
I got a reply from The cavy vet, saying that the normal glucose levels for
guinea pigs are 5-10 mmol/L. She also said treatment for glucose levels
below 15 mmol/L is not necessary. So Linn her 5.6 mmol/L was very normal
and with that reply my own vet confirmed that it's not very likely Linn has
diabetes. So I've been worrying for nothing, I am a bit relieved that I
already found quite soon that Linn mighty have a normal level, so I didn't
worry for too
 long... And even more relieved when The vet confirmed what normal levels
are.
Linn also did not show any signs of diabetes, except for the cataracts. She
does not drink more than Cookie, and she had gained quite some weight since
moving in with us a little over a year ago.

As your bunny E.B. White, Linn does not seem to be bothered much by the
cataracts and loss of eye sight. She can still find everything food and
drink related and jumps in and out of their hammock and over food bowls.
She does run into Cookie sometimes, mostly after getting a piece of veg and
scurrying away to eat it.
I am pretty sure she is also still the dominant one, her eyesight getting
worse does not seem to have affected her bossing Cookie around either..
She has lost a bit of weight recently, I will keep an eye on her but I
think it's because of the loss of Binky. She and Binky really liked each
other.

Friendly purrs from the girls and loud wheeks from Linn (she can be very
loud, nothing wrong with her ears) to the boys,
Slave Mieke and guinygirlz Cookie and Linn