[Gpdd] SILLY AND SAD Hello Mieke and gang!

Caaf caaf at ziggo.nl
Wed Nov 17 12:45:14 EST 2021

Hello Mieke! How nice to find fellow Dutch piggies on gpdd! I remember fun times when some of the Dutch members used to meet up for pignics. We sat around a big pen where 27 piggies munched on endive and carrots and could hardly have a human conversation over all the noise.

In these corona times a Dutch pignic is out of the question, of course. I wonder how piggies would react to a Zoom or Teams meeting… My guess is they would lose interest as soon as they realised you can’t share food or cuddle online (and immediately try to chew through any available wiring). But wouldn’t it be great to let them show off and rumblestrutt in front of webcams! I might bring a piggie into my next human meeting and experiment ;-).

Please, forgive the sillyness. I’ve had a sad and long day in hospital and need some relief. My aging father - legendary and revered builder of pig enclosures and cages - had to undergo some nasty tests to determine exactly what is causing the debilitating pain in his spine. We already know there is nothing good growing there, but in ten days we will hear exactly how bad it is and my heart hurts already.

Wishing all piggies, humans and their loved ones wellness and happiness, Gerda