[Gpdd] HEALTH: Sugar passed away today

susananddave at verizon.net susananddave at verizon.net
Thu Jun 2 17:39:49 EDT 2022

Our little angel Sugar passed away via euthanasia today. Sugar was almost 7 years old. In the past few months she had an ultrasound that indicated cystic ovaries and an undefined mass in her uterus. As she otherwise enjoyed life and I felt it was too risky for her to undergo surgery, I opted to do nothing as long as she enjoyed living. When I returned home from work late yesterday, I noticed her behavior was changed and she had massive diarrhea. Her vet is 24 hours so I tried to bring her in as an emergency, but they told me they wouldn’t take her as they were at capacity. Early this morning I got on the wait list. After almost 5 hours we were still nowhere near getting taken. I contacted another  (PET ER). They only treat dogs and cats, but they will euthanize other pets. Sugar was in pain and I am eternally grateful for their help in alleviating it. We even stayed with her when it was done. We will be receiving her cremated remains and her handprint in a week.  Susan (Sugar’s mom)