[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: counting the days!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 6 13:55:05 EST 2022

Scottie here! If you are seeing this on Monday, the Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting is in two days, Wednesday, March 9th at 8 p.m. in your time zone.

Participating is as easy as lighting a candle and leaving it lit for at least an hour. In this way, we remember Peter Gurney, who passed away in 2006 but whose books and work on behalf of guinea pigs continue to help people learn about these special creatures. (Being one of those creatures, I am definitely a Peter Gurney's fan.)

During this hour (or longer if you like), we also remember our other dear ones who have passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. Human, furred, finned, feathered ... we appreciate them all.

This is the 17th year of the event, and in past years lights have been lit on most continents and both hemispheres. Hey, Antarctica, please report in sometime!

Seriously, please tell your friends about the event. They do not need to be members of the Digest to join in.

After the event, we'll compile a list of candle-light locations and will include any photos of the event, such as your guinea pig with a candle. The locations (city, state, country or city, province, country) and photos will appear on gpdd.org, which you can visit to see past remembrances.

Please send photos to PG_Memorial at gpdd.org. You can send locations here to the digest (gpdd at gpdd.org), to the PG_Memorial address, or to Audrey or Cindy.

My mom is helping me, Scottie, count the hours down, and I am looking forward to seeing the candles she will light.

Oliver, Scottie, newbies Coke and Fitzgerald, and assistants Audrey and Cindy