[Gpdd] Misc: Hello from the Netherlands!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:42:32 EST 2022

Wheek wheek, we are checking in!
Stevie, Linn and Coco here
Mum hasn't let us write to you for ages, but as she's stuck in a car now
with dad driving we said she should write and say hello to you all. They
were just at a Nightwish concert in Amsterdam, slaves say they had to wait
for it for almost 3 years! I guess it's good they finally got to see
Nightwish, what ever that is...

We are doing well. We are getting older according to mum and have a variety
of ailments, not perse age related... Stevie still has diabetes, but it is
under control! Slaves changed our diet, we are getting herbs and are no
longer fed science selective pellets. Apparently that has carbs that is
made into sugars which is bad for Stevie. As Stevie does really love
pellets mum found him grainless pellets, luckily they don't up his sugar.
He got tested a while ago because his molars were a bit overgrown and his
teeth needed to be fixed, so vet checked it and it was still as low as when
the pellets were cut it from our diet. Obviously if Stevie cannot have
normal pellets, we aren't allowed to have them either... He is also not a
heavy boar, very days he burns all his sugar so won't put on easily, but at
least lately he is staying the same weight, still 850 grams for a boar is
not much. But he loves to rumble strut for us and stand in our cage's
window begging for food 😉
Coco is a bit hard of hearing, but slaves still taught her to do a spin
with sign language. She also has a little lump on her back, which has been
growing. It is probably a sebum lump, I hear mum is taking about having it
removed, don't tell Coco! Did anyone ever had this with their pig?
According to the vets' assistant it is not a big procedure and there is a
chance the lump keeps growing and then burst open with a chance of
infection? Coco is also a little photo model, according to mum she always
looks sweet and cute when she poses for pigtures.
So about me, Linn, my sight is not great as I got cataracts in both my
eyes, but opposed to Stevie's cataracts mine are not caused by diabetes. It
doesn't really bother me, I can find everything I need! Since a couple of
months I have a big lump in my arm pit, it bothered me when I just got it
but now I can do whatever I want with it! Hopefully it won't grow, the vet
thinks it's a tumor and doesn't really want to remove it, afraid she will
damage a nerve going to my paw. The slaves try to give me pain meds, but
this week I decided I don't want it anymore... Making it hard for my slaves
to give it to me, hehe.
Hope all other piggies are doing well, and if you celebrated it had a good
Thanksgiving!
Many wheeks from the Netherlands, the ever spinning (for food!) Guinygirls
Linn and Coco and boar Stevie