[Gpdd] Re: Health: Penny wheezing

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 14:27:58 EST 2003

Hello Susan

There are some breeds of guinea pigs that are a bigger
breed. The Abyssinian breed is a big breed. That's the
kind with all the rosetts everywhere. They look like
their having a bad hair day. My, Sabrina, weights 3
3/4 pounds and she will be three December 30. She has
always been bigger than the rest. If they aren't cared
for early in life, it might stunt there growth too.
Ginger that I just picked up from the humane society
two weeks ago is very short and small and she is an
Abyssinian. She is kind of fat at the hind quarters
though. I'm waiting to see if she might be pregnant.
They said she is two, but she still looks like a
juvenal to me. She is half the size of my two year
old, Jasmine.  They may not know what they're talking
about. I'll wait and she if she grows any.
My Cinnamon Agouti, Jasmine, is a big guinea pig. She
is much bigger than the other two that I had. I think
some are just bigger-boned than others, just like us
humans.
If you are worried about fluid, you can listen to the
breathing. If it is fluid build-up, it will start
building up in the lungs too. It will sound like a
URI. Snowy just maybe a bigger pig.
Mine didn't popcorn as much as they got older either.
My white pig, Tasha, used to get dirty on her mouth
and behind too.

Dawnda Stricklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven