[Gpdd] health: piggy hernia

Jenni jenni at beethoven.com
Fri Dec 12 10:11:33 EST 2003

Well, I've got a new one for ya'll...Beethoven has an abdominal hernia.  Dr.
F, the best exotics vet in my area I know of, who's done all kinds of
surgery on even my tiny Siberian Dwarf hamsters,  says gp's abd wall is
paperthin...and it's inoperable.  He could push it back in to the abd, but
it will just come back out.  At least after he did that, Beethoven pooped,
which I don't think he had done for awhile, so at least he got some relief.
I'm going to syringe feed him baby food, if he doesn't eat some shredded
veggies...I fear dehydration.  I just am in shock...this came out of
nowhere...and I have to work all weekend.  I might take him in to work with
me and put him in the lounge, 'cause I'm not allowed to call in sick.  I
just can't think of leaving him home alone...my boyfriend says he'll be gone
all day today.  I work 2:30-11pm, so I can't leave him at a vet office
because I won't be able to pick him up after work...  It's hard to just
leave him, and I know ya'll won't see this post until tomorrow and reply
until the next day...I'm scared.
                          Jenni, Beethoven's slave