[Gpdd] RE: (HEALTH) Mites or something similar

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Wed Dec 17 20:25:11 EST 2003

When I first got my two GPs, they also had gross little white things crawling all over them, particularly near the back of their ears and the bridges of their noses. I went back to the petstore and they said they didn't know what it was (I didn't go back there again). I called my vet and he recomended over the phone a spray you can buy in a petstore (he named a certain ingredient, but it slips my mind-your vet would probably know off the top of his head). I found a spray with this ingredient for small animals (not the stuff just for ferrets, but specifically GPs and other small animals). It said it was for "fleas and ticks," and I thought what they had was mites or lice or something. But I tried it anyway, and the creatures came back, so I gave it a second try, after which the parasites disappeared for good. Even when I take my GPs outside on the grass, they don't get these parasites, so I think the cause was the petstore I bought them from (I don't go there now.) If you call your vet he might give you a recomendation over the phone. Hope this helps,
Lauren, Pig, Pooh

E2-O: This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by UML's antivirus scanning services.