[Gpdd] (CARE) arguing young piggies

Monica.Vatne at ewos.com Monica.Vatne at ewos.com
Tue Nov 4 04:36:44 EST 2003

Hello everybody!

I could need some advice on how to take the best care of my two sweeties :)
Yes, it was ever so joyful to get back home to the cuties yesterday....:)
they are always happy to see me when its feeding time :)
and the rest of the time I am not that popular :)
I fed them salad from my hand both in cage and in my arms and they both
nibbled away but in my arms they start to wriggle arms and legs all over to
get out, and I havent hold them for more than 5-10 minutes............and
if the other one left in the cage are making sounds then the one I am
holding, struggles for his life to get back in the cage.........
They often do this and I feel sad for holding them ......but I know they
have to get used to me and me holding and gently cuddling them.....
But it makes me almost resentful towards holding them......when I see them
struggle hard to get out of my arms....I feel bad for holding them....

I have experienced that they are a lot calmer when I take them out from the
cage when they are relaxing in a corner......and often the other one left
in the cage wont scream either......., so I guess thats when I have to try
to bond with them.....

another thing that might be a problem , is that they often argue/ nearly
fight over the food........especially when I give them veggies......
They are racing after eachother in the cage and suddenly they turn towards
another and lift their heads up in the air......like a warning sign......I
have never seen them biting each other, but they often do this warning
signal and at the same time makes a special sqeeking sound......that
increases in volume.....the more agitated they get......
Should I be worried about this behaviour?? they do this every evening.....
They are 6 and 7 weeks old and I got them from different petshops, so they
havent known each other for more than almost two weeks.....
I thought it was pretty safe to get two females at the same age even if
they were completely strangers......
I originally wanted to buy two females that were siblings but I just got
one of them cause the other were already sold......
and then  I got another girlfriend for Tixie the same day......so I put
them both together in the same cage the very first day  I had them.....
and they do get along but every evening this arguing comes up.........
What should I do ?? is this normal behaviour??
and when they relaxes/ sleeps......they goes in a corner for themselves,
far away from another .....instead of sleeping close toghether....
What does this mean?? is it normal??

best regards

Monica and her two sweeties Tixie and Flodine
---This verifies that this e-mail has been scanned for virus and deemed
virus-free according to Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Domino V3.1 ---