[Gpdd] Misc -allergies to pigs

Linda Sánchez veronica.ann at verizon.net
Wed Oct 22 19:47:03 EDT 2003

Hello to all Pigs and Peoples,

I had written a while back about my allergies and gotten some very helpful
suffer from pig allergies know what has worked for me.  Although still not
perfect, I have made some advances in my allergies. I have found that the
air purifier in my bedroom has REALLY helped me. I got a small one and it
was pretty inexpensive. I keep it on 24 hours a day and I have completely
eliminated sneezing, coughing and wheezing in the bedroom at night and in
the morning. It is just great. It took a day or two to work. Also, my doctor
prescribed Nasonex nasal spray to use once every day in the morning. I very
rarely sneeze at all anymore. I think that is helping as well. Finally - and
this is the only hard part - I took my doctor's advice and have stopped
kissing the pigs or putting them near my mouth, nose or neck. It is SO hard,
but it really, really works! I have virtually stopped using my inhaler. I
get sad sometimes because I want to be able to kiss my pigs behind the ears
and on the tip of the nose and all over, but not doing so allows me to hold
them for hours without discomfort. It is so worth it! My doctor started by
being adamant about "getting rid of the pigs" but I think she quickly
realized she was getting nowhere with me on that score.

Finally, I have started to use a facial mask when I clean their cages. I got
a package of five reusable carbon filter masks at Walgreen's and that has
helped SO much.

Thanks again to all of you who offered suggestions.
Peace,
Linda