[Gpdd] HEALTH - Vincent's privates

Joana Lucas lunabsinthium_ at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:20:11 EDT 2003

Hi!
I read about Bec's worry that Vincent had something which could be "part of
him" on his willy, but ended up to be removed.
That reminded of my dear Piki who I lost in last August to pre-molar growth
(I'll take this subject in a few lines). I once found a kind of finger on
the palm of one of his front paws. I thought it was a poop which had gotten
stuck to the paw but by trying to remove it discovered it probably wasn't.
As he didn't seem to be in pain when we touched it, my sister helped me and
we were able to CUT it (after trying to soften it and pull it - which didn't
work). When we examined what we had cut, it seemed like a nail, under some
poop dirty. Has this ever happened to anyone?

About pre-molar growth: sadly, there's no vet in Portugal who has the
ability, knowledge or tools to deal with this kind of problem. If anyone
experient is ever available and willing to come to Portugal, I could host
you for some days and you could help by teaching some vets (willing to
learn). It's really sad to watch an animal die just because noone knows how
to handle a problem which could have a solution!! :(

Joana & Bruno, slaves to Misha & Sasha (once BIG slaves to Piki [and
Porcci])