[Gpdd] Misc. - Help! Allergies!

Louise August laugust at umich.edu
Sun Sep 28 09:59:40 EDT 2003

About those allergies - I'm highly allergic to pine bedding. My "allergy"
to the piggers almost disappeared once I changed their bedding. Although I
still get a bit gaspy when I clean the cage.

Another thought - they say a lot of cat allergies is due to the reaction to
cat saliva. Maybe the same is true for pigs - after all they groom
themselves so there must be some saliva residue on their fur. Perhaps a
quick wipe-down with a wash cloth or a babywipe before cuddle-time might
help.

Warm wheeks from Phineas and Delilah (the PhD pigs) and thier beautiful
children, Panda, Mostly, Hilly, and Beeble

Louise August

University of Michigan
Research Associate, Center for the Education of Women
Doctoral Candidate, Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary
Education

330 E. Liberty Street
Ann Arbor,  MI 48104
Phone: 734-998-7080