[Gpdd] Silly: Re: Brownie Bear Stories Still Inspire! (also biting pig in AU)

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 14:48:40 EDT 2004

Hey Alge!
Ha ha ha!! You're too Funny, I tell ya!
Brownie is cheering on the Three Jolly
Rodents and telling 'em, "You show your
Slave who's BOSS! Wheeeeeeeeeep!" hee hee
Yeah, B-Bear's biting had slowed down
quite a bit while she was recuperating from
surgery. But, now that she's all Healthy
again, she's reverted back to her 'ole
ways. What's a Slave to do?!? Well, I
don't care. I know that she knows that
it's wrong and usually, she doesn't break
skin...she's just showing her 'teeth'.
Plus, I admit that sometimes I probably
provoke her (like she only wants to be
held when SHE wants to be held, and well,
sometimes I just want to hold her and kiss
all over her. So, the second I put her down,
she quickly turns around and nips at me.
And so I tell B-Bear that all that Lovin'
was worth a little bite!). At this point,
I'm just happy that she's still alive and
kickin' (especially after the stone surgery).

Hey Li!
Just like Alge said, your little piglet is
probably afraid and trying to get used to
her new surroundings. Just be patient with
her. I used to cry because Brownie Bear is
the first 'biting' piggie I've ever had, and
I took it personally. But, over time, I realized
that Brownie wasn't a bad piggie...She's just
got an ATTITUDE! And she's been with me for almost
2 1/2 years now, and trust me, I know what NOT to
do (to keep her from biting me). For instance, if
I stick my hand in her cage, especially while
she's eating, she'll attack it. If I'm holding
her and she wants to get down, she'll give
me a polite nibble...and if I ignore that then
that polite nibble turns into a (OUCH!!) Bite.
I could go on and on, but you get the point.
Hopefully, your piggie will become more
comfortable and realize that you're just trying
to love her and she'll ease up on the biting.
By the way, what did you decide to name her???

Well, I better run. Sorry this is so long.

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
        Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)