[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Treatment for Ringworm

Rebecca Jones rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 13:05:29 EDT 2004

Oh no, the vet has just called to say the tests on Hope for ringworm have come up positive this time!!!!

The vet says that this will mean giving a tablet to each of the 4 of them every day for 4 months.  She says that there is a topical treatment but that it isn't very successful.  I have arranged to take them all in on Friday for a check up and to discuss the best way forward and she is going to do some research to see if there is an oral medicine that I can syringe them rather than the pills but she cannot find anything at the moment

Has anyone on the list had to treat their gps for ringworm and has found a better medicine than a pill a day?

I'd be very grateful to hear from anyone who has as the thought of trying to get a 10th of a pill into my 4 each day is causing me to break out in a cold sweat.  My Daphie is 6 years old and a nightmare to give medicines to, the 3 are now 13 weeks old.

Looking forward to hearing of an easier way

Beki
Daphie, Faith, Hope and Charity

PS: my cousin has finished building the new storey for the girls two storey condo.  Next stage is he will have their existing hutch over the bank holiday to join the two together and create their new palace. Downside, I've got to house the 4 for 48 hours while waiting and at the moment the best solution is in the bath and I'll have to go without showering!!!