[Gpdd] [Behaviour] - Bully Pig!

Julia Porter tabithaporter at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 07:29:52 EDT 2004

Hi there!

I'm looking for some advice on one of my piggies, who has turned into a bully.  I have 4 pigs, 3 girls and a boy, they all live together and have done for a year now.  Belinda is my oldest pig, but she was very ill when I first got her and spent most of her formative months wrapped up in bandages.  Although she is fine now, she is very small.  My youngest pig, Cordelia, is bigger than Belinda, although not massively.

When I first got Cordelia, I had 2 separate hutches and she lived with a slightly older pig, Delilah.  When all 5 moved in together, Delilah always kept an eye on Cordelia and obviously kept control of her.  Unfortunately, Delilah passed away last November and nobody has taken up her role of peace-keeper!

Cordelia has recently started to bully Belinda pretty much all the time - she tries to nip her, or take her space wherever she's sitting, or take food from her.  Belinda is extremely timid and won't stand up for herself!!  The noise she makes whenever Cordelia starts on her is heart-breaking.  Belinda is the sweetest little pig you could ever wish to meet and I really want to stop her torment.  Question is, how?  Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

Thanks

Julia, Belinda, Iolanthe, Timothy and Cordelia