[Gpdd] re: [HEALTH] eye allergies

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 00:58:18 EDT 2004

Hi Rachel and King Konoha (like the title :-))
I think you're right that corncob bedding might be too rough on their feet. I think that stuff is mostly used for bird cages. I would definitely try another bedding to see if the pine was what was causing the discharge - but if the discharge doesn't go away in a couple of days I wouldn't hesitate to call your vet. There are other wood-based beddings that aren't made from pine or cedar and don't have the phenols that softwoods do. A common one is aspen, but there are others.
Good luck,
Pooh Bear, Piglet and Lauren