[Gpdd] [Health] not eating

Rachel Firestone thefirestones at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 22 08:36:57 EDT 2004

Thanks for the welcome and replies everybody. I'm sad to say Shaggy passed
on last night. I got up to give him water and he was just laying there. 5
minutes sooner and he probably would have died in my arms. The vet gave him
a day and a half and he was right on the money. :( I was giving him water
with Vitamin C , yogurt (per vets orders, to put good bacteria in his body)
and veg baby food. Besides the obvious, what are probiotics? Something the
vet gives or something like yogurt? He had been sick for 10 days. He was a
little trooper, hanging in there and fighting but he just couldn't fight
anymore. :( Oh, the vet also gave him a shot of fluids.
Thanks everybody. I hope to get another pig soon. I'm scared to get a baby
pig though. I am thinking of getting an older one.
Rachel