[Gpdd] Health - Re: Allergies

Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com
Fri Apr 30 07:56:23 EDT 2004

To everyone suffering from allergies,
I´m sorry I have to throw this out, but it seems to be important to me. All
of you suffering from allergies to your piggies or any of their supplies,
hay, bedding etc. in the long run there i sonly one way of controlling the
allergy, namely eliminate the allergy trigger. The reasons for this are
easy, an allergy is nothing else than an overreacting immune-system. If you
continue having contact with the allergy-trigger the allergic reactions are
going to worsen over time, this is a severe health risk and can lead to
conditions as bad as asthmatic seizures and anaphelactic shock. So the
first step to take is to determine precisely what the allergy trigger is.
If it´s one of the supplies, you may be able to eliminate it, if it is the
pig as such there is only one very sad option, finding the pig a new home.
I know this is a very serious and heartbreaking option, but on the othe
rhand there is the option of becoming seriously ill, who is going to take
care of your pigs, other animals etc. then. Just a warning sign as a side
note, hope nobody feels offended about this.
Kind regards
Georgina
P.S.: The information given above relates to type-I-allergies mainly, but
can be transferres to type-IV-allergies as well.