[Gpdd] VIRTUAL -- ON the ROAD / Meeting and Greeting the penny Giggles

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Dec 5 10:15:26 EST 2004

Wheeeek and Wake Fellow Piggers,

       For one thing, someone has actually let us take an RV! A very large
one, at that. Wilson did the driving, stopping to pick up Fuzzy (of course! --
he drove like a gust of high wind to get to her front door) along with Zoe, the
eBay pig that Lisa took in and Ozzie.
       Anyway he was made a great many stops along the way to pick up various
guinea pigs who want to participate. He also stopped by the air port to pick
up those who arrived by air. I don't know how many of you have seen Wilson in
action before when it comes to driving, but he'll get us there faster than any
Hogwart's Express! Anyone wanting a picture of him at the wheel, just ask!
And this may be a more extended trip that we first thought.
       We hope that the guinea pigs who are here will take a moment and
introduce themselves personally. Snickers and Snowball came with us, of course, as
did Jenni's new guys, her Charley (named for the hurricane that pretty much
showed up at the same time that she got him) and Wolfi.
       Rumor is...happy pig here!....that Miss Cally may be among those who
arrived by air. I'm certainly keeping a sharp eye out for her and hope she's
doing the same.
       It looks like only Sandy with the boars, along with their wonderful
new adoptive parents that they will meet up with, will be traveling today
(Sunday) .  We'll have to wait to hear more about that.
       They (Jennifer and Adam) will meet up with Sandy and the boars in
either Oregon or Washington State. Sandy, (email: oliverpoore at mindspring.com )
says she'll be driving a "rent a wreck" vehicle. We already like her and her
sense of humor. We're all sad though that she has to be separated from her beloved
Penny Giggles.
       However, if all goes well she will be keeping four which, of course
includes Wild Wooly Willy AMD his new wife. She also hopes to keep Sony, (who he
has a chronic abscess) and a funny little boar  called Squirt.

       Wild Willy is something of a champion, the Grand Poobah of the Penny
Giggles, but having been neutered at an early age and having no progeny of his
own, his brother and litter mate Bob Bob Black Sheep (named for his salt and
pepper coloring) is the crown prince.

       We are led to believe that there may be a ceremony with Wild Willy
naming his brother, Bob Bob for short,  as Grand Poobah North.

       But on with the early stages of the plan. Having arrived early, we
have been making strawberry smoothies with a fresh strawberry atop each, with
each served in an old and delicate but beautifully slightly pink stemmed
glassware. (We hope there is no reason for Alge to check out things she's had stored
away. Gulp.)
       Someone is making something peaches and creamy though I'm not quite
sure what it is. Smells and looks wonderful though. Actually, we have almost a
table full of food. Far far more than the Penny Giggles alone can consume so we
will all be helping with the eaten and drinking and celebrating in general.

       There is a rumor going around that George the Guinea Pig, hero to us
all, may also appear to piggers only. Human friends and chaperones will miss
that, too, as with the Rumblestrut Blues Performance, although, as we've said
before, Snowball and Snickers will be visible to all and will play some hot
drums and guitar.

       Please piggy guys and girls -- post your experiences here too! We want
(need!) active participation in this hastily put together but sad event.
Still, it is a celebration!

Mr. Cooders of the Jolly Rodents