[Gpdd] Health: Shy Guy and an inaccuracy I made

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Dec 18 00:10:50 EST 2004

I continue to feel so bad about the loss of little Shy Guy. He must have been
so wonderful;  it's  helps to ease of the sense of loss knowing that he had a
lap to cuddle in while preparing to leave for the Bridge.
      I made a mistake in an earlier posting -- essentially I said something
about "if it is a bladder stone, get pain medication." Most of these stones
require surgery (tho not all) and so I was thinking of post operative pain
medication. But I didn't say that.  Of course if he was being treated in a way
other than surgery for a stone (???  Is that ever done?) pain medication should
still be requested.
       We need to trust our own instincts more as piggy parents and slaves.
       Some vets don't seem to want to give pain medication -- I know of more
than one piggy that would have probably pulled thru after the surgery if
he/she had something for the pain.

Alge  <-----   who really regrets the passing of another gentle little pig