[Gpdd] Re: MISC: Guinea Pig Parachute

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 19:24:58 EST 2004

Jackie, that was a great letter to the dean. Thank you!!

Judi L.

In a message dated 12/23/2004 12:02:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Gpdd-request at gpdd.org writes:

"I  had the unfortunate experience of reading about your school and the
guinea  pig incident in the headlines of several major news providers. I live
in  Illinois, but I have had several friends who attended IU. It's a good
school. Please do not send the message that your university condones
violence against animals by going light on punishment for the guilty  person.
I own six guinea pigs, and they have all the personality and needs  of any
other companion animal, such as cats and dogs. All animals deserve  care and
respect, even "rodents". It has been my experience that people  who have
little repect for the lives of animals usually also have little  respect for
humanity. Please keep this in mind when it comes to you to  administer the
university's punishment to the guilty student."

I  still encourage everyone to write to this dean, and give this guinea pig a

voice. They named her Noel for Christmas.
Sincerely,
Jackie  Bickers