[Gpdd] FW: Care: Bathing Piggies

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Tue Feb 10 21:13:47 EST 2004

This is a forwarded message. Please direct all replies to the author.

From: Bellarobi at aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:36:56 EST
Subject: CARE bathing piggies
To: gpdd at gpdd.org

For the newcomers, here is my bathing story.
We have 2 female piggies; Poly, a shorthair and Sweetie, a sheltie.
They get a bath every 2 months on the average in my bathroom sink. I fill
the sink half way with warm water, get the piggies wet ( one pig at a time)
and lather them with Hartz Puppy Shampoo ( it smells ssoooo good). Baby
Shampoo works, too. I wash everything, except the head and try not to get
water in their ears. Rinse, and do it all over again. After all the shampoo
is rinsed out the second time, I wrap them in a towel, and blow- dry them
on low setting. I clean their ears with a kleenex, cut their nails if
needed, and Sweetie gets brushed because of her long hair.
After that I am usually wet from head to tow and need a bath myself.

best wishes,
Marion