[Gpdd] Breeding- Please do not breed

Trina Pelham piggiementor at msn.com
Mon Feb 16 21:24:30 EST 2004

Hi Trina Here,
I don't post too often but I read daily and I beg you Lisa, please don't
breed piggies. I work for Cavy Care Inc. in Colorado and we are a licensed
no-kill shelter. Being with the shelter I can also personally tell you of
all the nightmares I see of people who don't want their piggies and they
come to us to find homes. This is also hard on the piggie as they have
feelings too and they get close to a family, the person who feeds them and
then suddenly for some reason or another, the piggie gets dropped off at the
shelter and he/she is wondering, what did I do. To see the childrens faces
too when their parents decide that the new baby is suddenly allergic to the
piggie and get rid of the piggie is so heart breaking. All you are doing by
breeding piggie for sale, is breaking the hearts of piggies. At least when
we adopt them to homes, we have a chance to screen that home and if for some
reason there is a problem, we know our piggies will come back to us. I also
spend alot of time educating new adopted piggies and the families so we
don't have the tradgedy of a pet coming back to us do to lack of education
or getting bored of the pet because the may not understand behavior. This is
why we have a mentoring program on our website. So instead of breeding, why
don't you find a shelter near you and volunteer your time. It would be time
well spent.

Trina M. Pelham
Cavy Care Inc.
cavycareinc.org