[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <silent piggie>

Deborah Tanovich dtanovich at sprint.ca
Fri Feb 20 08:55:39 EST 2004

Hello everyone in GP land

I don't know if I-m over reacting but Popcorn (the furry master of the house) has gone silent.  He has always been a very vocal piggie and now is quiet.  When we used to ask him if he wanted a treat he would "weeee weeee" (sounded just like treat) and run around the cage.  Now he just runs and doesn't wheek.  Even when we cuddle, he doesn't give me his little stories, just lies on my chest or in the lap and looks at me.  If we stroke him near his cheeks, he will lunge at us to bite but otherwise is his usual sunny self.

Now to specifics--no changes in bedding (aspen and newspaper), no changes in diet (pellets, carrots, romaine lettuce, broccoli coleslaw, and occasional cucumber), regular water with Vitamin C added (he won't drink it otherwise), eyes are bright, no bare spots in his coat, regular poos and piddles, good appetite.

If anyone has experienced this, please let me know.  If you think I should worry, Popsie's off to the vet (a lovely man, who knows his piggies).  Please reply either via the digest or to me directly.

Thanks to all
Debbie (and Popcorn the quiet)