[Gpdd] Miscellaneous

Pages Teigen piggiemom at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:10:08 EST 2004

Dear Marion,

I noticed that you were looking to buy big size bedding.  I prefer pine
because I purchased Aspen once and had a terrible reaction from hives to my
asthma kicking in big time.  I still sneeze when I use pine but no severe
reactions.

I have always purchased big packages from Walmart $5.00, K-Mart $5.49 or our
local feed store at 12 cubic feet at $6.99 which is a bit more than  Walmart
or K-Mart which I think is 10 cubic feet.

I have four piggies and 12 cubic feet lasts 2 1/2 cleanings for all four
cages with about 3-4 inches of pine in the bottom of the cage.

I think your best bet is a local feed store, ours carries both pine and fir.
  Fir was very big, rough, and didn't absorb.  I went back to my pine after
that experience.

Hope this helps you in your decision.

Pages Ann, piggiemom to Babbie Girl, Runtie, Little Joe and Carrot Top