[Gpdd] Care: re: Vacations

Ann Waite waitea at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 15:18:31 EST 2004

Hi Ginger,

We have been lucky to make some friends with folks from this list (and off)
who know more about guinea pigs than we do.  When we go on vacation,  I take
our piggies over to their house and they piggysit.  Of course, we tell the
piggies they are going to a spa.  They get to visit with the "rich and
famous" piggies that live year round at the spa.  When we go to pick them
up, they have always been spoiled by good food, good company, and even some
fancy nail trimming and such.

For a weekend away, we will usually have a neighbor come in and feed them on
Saturday and Sunday....we would typically leave Friday nite after 7 and be
back Sunday night at 7.

I know some people take their piggies on vacation....and god knows my
daughter wants to.....but I always remind her that the trip has to be
appropriate.  How would she like to travel by car for hours....not be able
to get out and stretch her legs because its too cold for her....then sit
alone in a hotel room all day......then the reverse car ride???  So usually
the piggies go to the "spa".  :)

Ann in MA    (Who loves the Spa.....and you know who you are!)