[Gpdd] SILLY: Not a lap pig

Hollowell, Rita rhollowell at tycoint.com
Tue Jul 6 14:40:04 EDT 2004

I have been receiving gpdd for a couple of months now since the joy of Guinea Pigs has entered mine and my kids life's and never have had time to even find out how to post on here but when I saw the post about the pig that decided he didn't want to be a lap pig anymore I figured it was about time that I sent in a post.  I have this same problem with 2 out of my 3 piggies.  My 2 kids (the human ones) have one pig each and I have my own piggy.  Mine (Mr. Nibbles) is the worst about that, I put him in my lap and as soon as I let go of him he sprints up my front.  I was afraid it was that they were trying to get a way and was afraid that they would not stop when they got to my shoulder.  I would love to have them as free range piggies but we have 2 dogs and a cat and the house would be hard to arrange even a small portion and be piggy safe.  So I know they want to sprint as soon as we get them out instead of just sitting there getting pets but I guess I am a worry wart and feel they are safer in their cage.