[Gpdd] ANOTHER COMPUTER VIRUS ATTACK

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Tue Mar 2 18:36:24 EST 2004

Everyone,

We've said it before, but we are going to repeat it:

DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS YOU GET VIA E-MAIL, FROM ANY SOURCE, UNLESS YOU
CONFIRM AN ATTACHMENT HAS BEEN SENT.

A new virus is masquerading itself by spoofing "admin" type accounts. The
one thing all these e-mails have in common is that they tell you to "Pay
attention on  attached file" or "For further details see the attach", and
invoke the attachment.

Make sure your virus software and paterns are up to date.

We are *not* going to shut down the GPDD unless this threat becomes a
problem - or if the web host needs to take servers offline for some reason.
Now would be a good time to download a copy of the DSN list, just in case
you need to get an urgent piggie question out to someone.

Sorry for the non-piggie post.

The GPDD Team