[Gpdd] CARE- "Critical care" tip

Laurie-Jean Gombar lj at theurnstudio.com
Wed Mar 3 14:07:29 EST 2004

Hi!
I have a tip for all of you that have or may end up having sick piggers.
If you have some Critical Care from Oxbow on hand and want to or have to
feed it to your sick pigs, it can be a daunting task... Getting it into
the syringe, etc.  I was feeding some to Piglet and had an idea.  I
sliced some cucumber really thinly.  I then put about a teaspoon of
Critical Care on a plate.  I dabbed the cucumber slices one by one onto
the dry mix.  It was sort of like breading eggplant... Piglet then ate
the cucumber slices- getting most of the Critical care into him as well.
SO this would work for piggers who are reasonably interested in
eating... Happy healing!
LJ
PS- Piglet had an X-ray and he has a large "calcified" mass in his
bladder.  Since he is not bothered or in pain when the vet was poking at
him, he said that the lining is only irritated sometimes- so therefore
only sometimes does he have a bit of blood in his urine.  Piglet is
still active and begging for veggies- being spoiled every day. One would
not know he was ill.  Both the vet and I agreed it would be too trumatic
to operate on a nearly 7 year old gp.