[Gpdd] Misc: Re: sticking it out with my babies

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 15:26:41 EST 2004

Hey Lauren,
My Goodness! It sounds like you're going through
a lot with your current situation. I totally
understand having a Mother (and Father) that is
absolutely disgusted with my guinea pigs. Growing
up, I NEVER had a single pet, that's right--not
a single one. But, I Loved playing with my
neighbor's cats and spent hours outside alone
with one cat in particular. So, like I said, my
Folks hate animals and they want nothing to do
with them. And I am the Complete OPPOSITE and
I don't even know why(???). When my very first
piggie died, I called my Parents up and I cried
and cried and cried. And I think that's when
they realized how important piggies were to me.
But, they still didn't really acknowledge any of
my piggie friends...until Brownie Bear. Now, they
actually ask how my B-Bear is doing--yes, they
actually are acting like normal human beings--ha ha!
Of course, they say something like, "So, how's that
little thing doing?" But, hey! it's a start.

My Parents know that my piggies are treated like
Family...because that's what they are--FAMILY.
And I don't play around, my Baby is Number ONE.
This past Christmas, my parents wanted me to come
home to Va. Beach and visit, but they have never
let me bring any of my piggies to their house.
So, I told them that since B-Bear had just had
bladder stone surgery & spayed, that I should not/
could not/WOULD NOT leave her at home. At first,
my Mom said she could come with me, and then later
she changed her mind. So, I said, Forget it! I'm
not coming home to visit them. Their loss. Yeah,
they were Upset, but it when comes to my Pig, I
mean Business! (And they know it)

So, I feel your pain in that regard. But, I must
play Devil's Advocate now and agree with your
Mom on the 'living with boys' issue. If I had a
daughter, I probably wouldn't want her living with
boys either. And I don't have any kids, but as
I get older (I'm 31 now), I think I understand why my
Parents think the way they do sometimes
(like ALIENS!) ha ha ha!!

I'm sure your Mother wants what's Best for you,
and if you did have to wait until next school before
getting an apartment, maybe that wouldn't be the
worst thing in the world. (And this is strange
coming from me, because when I was your age, I was
the most IMPATIENT person I knew) But, you know
what, Lauren, if your folks are paying for your
education and living expenses--then take Advantage
of that as long as you can!!!

Well, I gotta run and catch that bus now! Give
Piglet, Pooh Bear and all of your little critters
an Extra Hug 'n Kiss from Brownie Bear and me!!

          Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
             Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)