[Gpdd] [HEALTH] gps with a cold

Rebecca Jones rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 08:00:13 EST 2004

Hi all

Well, my three new girls who I got last Sunday have all got the guinea pig equivalent of colds.  I took them to the vets on Monday and the vet noticed Hopes nose was crusty so she gave me Baytril to give her.  She was sneezing and rubbing her nose on her front paws.  Later in the week I noticed that Faith was sneezing too, now Charity has started as well this morning.

I'm worried about my six year old gp Daphie.  I have the hutch divided in two with the babies one side and Daphie the other.  I haven't seen any signs in Daphie but she was a grumpy girl this morning and I'm worried about her getting this too.

Can anyone tell me, is this similar to our colds where you feel like your going to die for a couple of days then it all goes away, or is this more serious in gps?  I don't really want to pump the babies full of antibiotics for the sake of it becuase they may need Baytril for something more serious in the future and I don't want them to become imune to it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Becuase of the outbreak I have delayed introducing the girls to my Daphie, especially as she is acting really grumpy at the moment.  She seems to take very little notice of them on the other side of the divider.  When she does watch them it is very much the same way I watch adverts, your aware its there but your taking no notice.

Beki
Daphie, Faith, Hope and Charity *sniff*