[Gpdd] CARE: Exercise

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 20:38:07 EST 2004

Hi Jessica --
       You will have heard from many members of the group by now. NO exercise
wheels or balls for guinea pigs! Suppliers shouldn't be permitted to market
them for pigs because they "go against nature" as per the natural curve of
their spine. It's frustrating to have spent money on play items and not be able to
use them, but please, don't use them.
    There is some hope for the harness and leash though none of mine will not
wear their harness and leash set.
    Guinea pigs love to play in paper sacks, shoe boxes with a doorway cut
in, a length (Maybe 10 to 14 inches long) of PVC pipe, which is several inches
in diameter. You don't want to get a piggy stuck. Without measuring, I would
estimate the piping that I use to be 5 or 6 inches in diameter.
    My guys love their "CuddleCups" which are more beds than toys but that
doesn''t seem to matter to them. They have fun with them.
    I also have a ferret/guinea pig tent that my guys like plus assorted
wooden houses. Other embers will have other good suggestions!
    All best with your new little friend.

Alge (and the "Three Jolly Rodents")