[Gpdd] Health and Care

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 22:38:53 EST 2004

I recently (within the last 2 weeks) lost 2 of my piggies.  They were ages 6
and 8 and died of unrelated illnesses.  I had 4 males (2 left) which seem to
have frequent problems with their bowels.  I give them spinach, carrots,
apples, and timothy hay, along with the pellets (that they always have) and vitamin
C drops.  I have also tried parsley (which they like).  They don't seem to
like any fruits except apples.  I try to let them run (in a large, safe place)
once a day.  I do have a small home, but feel the need to build to have a larger
cage for them - perhaps with a ramp that they could run up, or some other
means of play where they could get more exercise.  I would like guidance from
someone "out there" that could help give suggestions on how to easily build a
better house for them!  Thanks!