[Gpdd] [Announcement] good-bye Nutmegger (2d send)

Pua Ford pua4d at netscape.net
Sun Mar 21 10:10:02 EST 2004

Nutmeg Nutmegger, 5, crossed to the Rainbow Bridge on the last day of winter after an illness, survived by companion Chelsea (GP), Juniper (dog), four humans, and two offspring born in her former home.
    Nutmeg came to live with us at age 3, adopted from friends who could no longer keep up with her daily care.  My daughter intended her as a friend for Chelsea, whose cagemate Tasha had passed away after surgery.  But Nutmeg and Chelsea never really got along and remained neighbors in separate cages, sharing outdoor grazing time on opposite sides of a fence.
    Nutmeg was hard to get to know, being a pig of few wheeks.  As a lap pig, she seemed puzzled, as if she didn’t know why she had been brought there.  But we always admired her curiosity about the world.  She liked to climb up to get a better view, so we had a box in her cage for sitting on top or under.   She had the privilege of extra evening floor time in the kitchen, since she seemed to need it to satisfy that curiosity.
    In her virtual life, she was among those who opened the Pig’s Ear Pub in Sawtry, England in November 2002.   In her real life, she was once AWOL in the back yard for three days under cover of thorn bushes, until we mowed the brush on the hillside, and she came out to take in the vista.
    She must have a great view now.  We thank Tex of the Digest Safety Net for help, advice and sympathy on her last day.
--pua & Chelsea

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.