[Gpdd] <Health>lice and itching

Carrie Mazza mazza_carrie at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 01:17:06 EST 2004

Hi all,
Well Sugar went back to the vet last week for what I thought were lice again. (He had them when I got him from the pet store).  Funny (now)..scary (then) story...I brought him in a shoe box with some litter in it and as I slowly opened the box on the table in the vet's office he LAUNCHED himself out of the box...so quick..I was totally taken off guard.  Thank goodness he launched directly into the chest of the nurse!  I (and he) are so lucky...if she wasn't there he would have surely hurt himself badly..or worse!  Anyways..lesson to me to from now on open his box always on the floor when he goes to the vet!

The lice issue...the vet gave him a thorough check and looked at some of the flakes under his microscope..but he says there is no sign of life there and that his flakes and itching are just dry skin.  He doesn't recommend I do anything really...he says oils in his food would mess up his GI track.  Does this sound right to all of you?  I do trust my vet..but know there is lots of experience out there so I didn't think it would hurt to check.

So, Sugar is safely back home..itching a bit....but loving when I scratch his bum! It is very cute he kind of curls up,purrs, and starts chewing anything close..it what is obviously sweet satisfaction!

Carrie and Sugar