[Gpdd] HEALTH: Honey update

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Sat Nov 13 18:16:06 EST 2004

Hi all,

Honey started on Baytril Monday after her vet visit for pneumonia.  We
noticed her loosing interest in food as the week went on, but her breathing
improved.  Friday we noticed she had diarrhea and continues to have it
today.  The vet took her off Baytril and has us giving her canned pumpkin
for fiber.  She is eating some hay and pellets and drinking her water.  When
she poops she seems in pain, like she is having cramps.  The vet suggested
keeping her off the Baytril until her poos are normal and then give her
Sulfatrim.  If she doesn't improve by Monday we are to call the vet again.

Poor Honey.  She has been through so much.  Thanks to Tex for getting me
through last night when I feared she would pass away from the diarrhea.  I
fed her a mixture of pellet dust, Pedilyte, banana and poos from Juliet last
night.  No improvement.  I am also giving her Bene-Bac.

Keep all fingers and paws crossed for Honey.  Any suggestions welcome.

Dee