[Gpdd] HEALTH: Honey update

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Sun Nov 14 20:31:23 EST 2004

Hi all,

Only a GP slave would appreciate this:  I am awakened this morning with
hubby standing over me with something on his finger saying "look at this".
I struggle out of sleep to see a soft, but formed poo.  I ask, "is it
Honey's?"  and he says "yes" happily.  Only a slave with a GP having
diarrhea knows how we got excite about a little poo!

Looks like Honey's diarrhea is clearing up.  We picked up the bottle of
sulfatrim at the drug store.  The label says Honey, The Guinea Pig Clark and
I had to sign some kind of paper stating I was her guardian.  I told the
druggist she was an animal not a child, but he said sign anyway.  Maybe we
can take her off our taxes as a dependent this year :)

I have a question about the dosage which seems high.  It is 0.4 ml twice a
day.  When I have had it for piggies before I think it was 0.2.  She only
weighs about 600 grams.  Please email me directly as I get the GP lists in
digest form once a day.

Anyway, I will start her on it tomorrow and I can check with my vet to make
sure the dosage is correct.  Since she has been off the Baytril her
breathing has gotten worse again.  Poor sweetie.

Thanks for all your help during this crisis with Honey.  I had no experience
with diarrhea and thought death was imminent.  Thanks to Tex, who held my
hand via email, and to Joanne who called me today.

Dee and Joe