[Gpdd] CARE - hay

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Tue Nov 23 15:41:53 EST 2004

     I haven't tried the Oxbow hay yet but have been using Kaytee timothy hay and really like it. It is green, fragrant and not too dusty. I'm used to examining hay closely because we have performance horses and the quality of their hay is always a concern. Recently someone said they hadn't been able to find Kaytee hay. I get mine at Target. I know all stores carry slightly different stock but, if you haven't checked there, give them a try.

     Now here's a slightly different question. Could anyone who has a shorthaired gp measure the length of one of their longer hairs (maybe a shed hair) and let me know how long the normal is? Bud's mother was an Aby and his father a short hair but his coat, while straight and shortish, seems longer than normal to me. It is also quite dense. I have never had an Aby so I'm not too familiar with the length and density of their coats. Maybe someone can fill me in. Thanks!

Carla and Bud