[Gpdd] Silly: (also behavior) Feud further forestalls building project

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 22:55:59 EDT 2004

Hello Every Piggy and Every Person as Well,

       Things have been going fairly well here in Ohio at our place and Alge
has been planning some neat new housing if she ever gets the space cleared.
She's talked to us and told us the benefits, space wise of living two pigs per
spacious unit.
       Then the most unexpected thing happened. Chester and little Charlie --
who have been together since they were weaned (which is most of their lives)
had at it Sunday night. Majorly. It had been brewing all day. Don't know if
all of us leaving our scents on the sheet in the play-pool the 2 prior days
contributed or not. But Charlie was really into rumblestrutting and following
Chester where ever he went and Chester didn't like it a bit.
       By the end of the day Chester was chattering furiously. Alge tried to
make some peace, give them each some time on their own with her, but it was
all in vain. Once back together the cooing sounds started again from Charlie
while Chester sounded almost like a woodpecker.
       Then Whoosh! A single ball of furious fur at 18 inches off the cage
floor. (And they do have a room cage as cages go.) Typically, Alge went rushing
in verbally admonishing them (like they were listening, right?) and slipping
up the top opening.
       She's lucky, that's all I can say.
       I could have dealt with the situation. Perhaps she should have sent me
in instead. Wilson is an excellent student of the martial arts but me, being
older and more experienced -- well, I'm the true master. I'd have  whipped
those 2 mini guineas into shape and spoken to them in terms they could understand
-- guinea pig language.
       Anyway -- Alge fortunately didn't get bit -- fools rush in and God
must look out for them.
       Some of us are going to have to make some peace though, somehow. 4
separate dwellings...
       Anyway ideas fellow boars?

Mr. Cooders of the Jolly Rodents
AKA: Coody three toes   (PS -- less bled was shed during their fight than
when some of us have had our nails clipped.  Speaking of which, Wilson and I both
had all of ours done on Saturday. First time for me since losing my toe. Talk
about tachicardia. (Does any one know of a dictionary for GPs? Spelling
doesn't look right.) I am happy to report that there were no new injuries.  (Wilson
said he held his breath and thought of Kung Fu Fuzzy. )