[Gpdd] RE: Silly: (also behavior) Feud further forestalls building project

lisa.sharpcrew.com lisa at sharpcrew.com
Wed Oct 20 05:48:16 EDT 2004

Alge,

Sounds like adolescence is kicking in (no pun intended of course!) and your
young boys are struggling to prove their worthiness to be considered a Jolly
Rodent.  I've heard of this happening.  In fact, the girls went at it a few
times.  Like yours they'd lived peacefully for months.  Then, when floor
time was given after spaying, they chattered and nipped and chased and flew
at each other.  Ozzy too, but he was aggrevating them.  And Fuzzy did get me
in the finger once-OUCH!

Maybe it was just taking their frustrations out from being cooped up in
small quarters during recovery.  Maybe it was the male scent making them
crazy.  But every day I'd give them time together and they soon decided it
was better to live in peaceful harmony and let Fuzzy be the queen as she'd
always been, Zoe and Oz are her faithful subjects.  They do carry on behind
her back though, if you know what I mean!

I would continue to give them time together.  It may be a few more wheeks
before you can get them to be friends again but it does sound like they are
just going through a power struggle.  Keep the faith and keep the fingers
out of harms way.  Use a cuddle cup to distract/separate them.

Oh, and Fuzzy says "wheeks" to Wilson.  I'm going to put pigtures of him on
her site so the world can see how wonderfully cute he is!

Lisa and her herd
Fuzzy, Zoe, Ozzy